Monday, May 25, 2009

Little Bit of This 'n That

So, regarding the puppy that I fell in love with - we went to go 'foster' it on Saturday, but somebody had beat us to it.  Nothing else at the shelter really caught our eye, until they brought out this little lab mix (maybe boston terrier in there?) that was just weeks old.  We brought her home and we've had fun with her the last few days, but it has cemented in my mind that as long as I still have TWO in diapers, adding a whole extra load of poop is such a bad idea.  YEACH!  So, tomorrow we'll take her back.  We've loved having her, and my in-laws really loved her, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pick her up and keep her after we return her.  We were glad to be able to love on her and play with her, I'm sure it beats being cooped up in a little pen for a long weekend.

This is me being TOTALLY okay with not having an adorable little puppy.

...

Yes, yes, I think I'll be just fine.

On another note, I won a contest!  I got a g Kissr lip gloss set from Natural Mommie.  There are six in the set, they are all fair trade and sound deliciously amazing, so I'm really excited to get them :)  I love that they consider them 'flavors' rather than 'scents' - don't you hate nasty tasting gloss that only -smells- like you could eat it?

And, on to my final note:

All of my girlfriends have been getting fake eyelashes.  What's up with that?  Is it a new trend that I've totally missed?  Do you wear fake eyelashes?  What's wrong with good old fashioned mascara that you don't change out until you realize your wand is completely hardend?  Harumph.  Everyone has big ole' bambi eyes but me.  But anyways, all that to say, I ran across a contest for LashFood over at Feisty, Frugal and Fabulous that would do me good.   I'd kind of love to not have to go to the extra effort of gluing hair to my face, so winning this would be pretty fantastic!

If you're feeling chatty, tell me about your memorial day weekend :)

3 comments:

Golfersmom said...

Following from the MBC. Hope you are having a great day.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway! Come back soon :)

MOMSTAR said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my site;) Hope you enjoyed the stay! I don't have a follow me button, you have to either RSS feed or subscribe via e-mail;) Blog ya later....

MOMSTAR